Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm going, going, back, back to Cali, Cali!

Ok, so I'm actually already back. But I'm getting more and more reestablished here in the wonderful San Francisco Bay Area. More specifically the South Bay.

I've finally got a car. A sweet little Toyota Wagon from '88. It's a five speed manual, and once I get a roof rack on there it'll be one sweet little bike race mobile.

Also, I've got place to live, stating in June! And to sweeten the deal, I'm moving back in with my old housemates from before I moved up to Portland! So I'm pretty pumped on that action.

As for my injured knee, it's getting better. I'm able to ride pain free now, at least when I'm going easy, so I'll be riding easy this week, and will probably test out some light weight, high reps lifting in the gym to see how it goes. I think my knee can handle it, and I know the resistance training will help strengthen my tendons and help minimize any chance of future injury. Also, I'm gonna start stretching more regularly, also to help minimize future injury. Preventative maintenance, yay!

In other news, I'm officially one upgrade point away from my Semi Pro (Category 2) upgrade on the road. Which means, really, one more race and I'm there. I'm pretty excited about this because it means that at most of the races I'll be doing I'll be racing against pro riders. This will only help me to get stronger as a racer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glaed you are able to get on your bike again, it must have been horrible to stay away from something you enjoy so much.

    I also loved what you wrote on post secret, about giving up things you love. It's so important, and so true.

    Come visit our blog! And comment please, we love comments :)
    http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com

    Ivy

    ReplyDelete