Thursday, April 30, 2009

I've got good news, and bad news...

So the bad news is, I don't know if my knee will be good to race on for this weekends famous Cat's Hill criterium. For anyone who doesn't know it, it's a great race. Super fun, technical and hard. The course is an hourglass shape featuring a one block long 23% grade hill, which ends in another few yards of false flat uphill. If I'm feeling good to race, I'll be doing twenty laps. I think the pros do 30 or more, that will be me next year.

The good news is, I am officially four points away from my semi pro upgrade. That means, more or less, 7th or better at my next race and I'm allowed to upgrade. So here's hoping that my knee is good for this weekend and my instincts are on point.

All said and done, the knee feels really good after about 3 hours of spinning today. So, hopefully, I'll be ready to roll come Saturday.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment