Sunday, October 18, 2009

Surf City #1

Well, it's been a week since this race, so the short version is on order.

I was stoked to be racing a Surf City race for the first time in over a year, especially with this being the first time in three or four years that Surf City is a full series. So the first one was held at Soquel High School, a great location that is always a killer course. Lots of technical turns and lots of fast open sections, a short fast descent and a nice run-up starting with three barriers.

Well, I started in row one, had a decent start, and then proceeded to slip backwards through the pack. My legs just didn't feel strong and I still wasn't feeling mentally strong. Well, it was fun, but I wasn't particularly happy about my race. I finished around 21st or so. My highlight for the race was certainly the run-up. I managed to crush the run-up every lap and it always pleased the crowd that had gathered there. I let the performance slide because it had been my first consistent week of training in four weeks and that always leaves me feeling less than stellar on race day. But this week, well, that's for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment