Sunday, April 11, 2010

Can a leopard change it's spots?

Nope. But I can change the colors of my blog.

I chose this color scheme because it tied in with the template I had already chosen and because I love the combination of blue and orange. It is a split complementary color scheme based on a blue color. I did not use tints or shades because I wanted the colors to be bold but not overwhelming. This particular color scheme uses both warm and cool colors and I like that balance. Most of the background is tints and shades of blue, while the text and link colors are tints and shades of oranges and yellows. The colors I selected for each part of the blog are used to create contrast to make reading easier as well as to help the viewer more easily discern if they have already viewed a link on the page. Color is used to create repetition in the use of blues primarily for background colors and warmer oranges and yellows for text colors. This use of split complementary colors helps build a repeating pattern of warm colored text on a cool colored background, helping one balance out the other.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment